Thursday, December 8, 2011

Confidence Beats Depression

I wish I could be extremely succinct, write the correct words, and convey to you what I have learned about the wonder of our own bodies and minds as we change (our posture) for the better. Here is my attempt to convey how one may gain confidence as we make this change.

When you were born and as you wander through life to adolescence and young adulthood, you have seemingly locked in your body shape. To unlock and improve your body shape from that point, you must begin by having a desire, that light within you to change for the better.

Your posture and the shape of your own body are a depiction of who you are inside, all the things you are, so changing it requires the most from your body and your mind.

The body is equipped to give us good mobility and a fine, appreciated form for the rest of our lives. I personally, as probably most of you, want to go past acquiring good posture. I want my senses to come alive. I want to know how others with grace and poise, and those with a fine posture and nice body lines, make their way in this world. I believe that each of them think of their surroundings as part of a world that is going their way. That way they fit into this wonderful world as only those with grace and poise would.

I know this much, people of this rarefied social class don't do many of the things I did, or carry themselves in the improper way I did. Also they have befriended me only when I properly carried myself, became an established, trustworthy person having a desirable attitude. It the truth were told, I really did not want their friendship until I was satisfied with my appearance and attitude, (So there)! Only then was I, and were we, ready to become acquaintances. Only then would we be a part of this desirable group of friends. Like many of you reading this, to accomplish this I was, and am, prepared to change for the better. I am changing for the better still. Sometimes it is a road with unexpected twists and turns, but a road that I must travel. I consider anyone who is of fine character and part of this desirable upper social class likely to be found on this road.

People of a preferred social strata will only desire my friendship when I physically and mentally meet their criteria. These two social traits, exceptional and physical and mental traits, are social hurdles to me, and are now under my focus. They are pleasant traits, those traits of being both upright physically and mentally. I want to continue to investigate the "subtleties" of social success so that I may accommodate these traits. I want to have the same traits as those who've been blessed with social graces. I want the poise, the good posture, and the self confidence that are found in the people having these social graces. Then I want it "all".

I want to enjoy, even during this part of my life, the lifestyle that I envision, that properly fulfills my character. I want the greetings and pleasantries that are given to cordial, upright people. Presently I am making this change. I am spending the rest of my days acquiring the positive behavioral and physical traits revealed to me by others of fine character. (Maybe I didn't learn these traits from my parents or caregivers). After acquiring these fine traits, I am displaying them to these folks of good character, sharing with them these wonderful attributes. Yes, as the wonderful bits of information mount within me, I learn the fine art of walking into a room with a subtle confidence to be a part of it all. I obtain a nice sense of style, a certain grace and desirable poise, just like those found in the people I admire and share my time with.

It's like learning a new craft, that of acquiring a preferable behavioral modification. Perhaps we were taught how to enter a room without confidence. Were we a person with the painfully shy communication skills that left us feeling awkward? It just does not "happen" that we would feel clumsy and out of sorts. Unfortunately, we were taught to display these bad habits. If we'd like to change this, if we don't, or like the way we presently behave, let's make a change for the better. Let's make our entrances to a room a display of our subtle confidence. Become smooth in the ways to "work" a room filled with gracious and influential people. Please note that the room would be filled with those people holding desirable, graceful traits. Let's not not waste our efforts on those we wish not to engage with.

Bits and pieces of the good life are available to all of us by watching others who have a certain "cool", those with a sense of style and an "upper class". Teach yourself. This acquired appreciation that becomes who your are, your mannerisms, happens at the same time your body and mannerisms improve. This is no accident. It is a sort of symbiosis. The more you improve your graceful ways, the more you are able to "see" and understand the ways you can ingratiate yourself into a superior, refined "class" of folks. You learn to enjoy their company. It is like being drawn up, into this new social setting, and you then have all the perks that come with this social position. That is why I am "all in" for changing for the better, the physical body and it's intertwined mind. Forget which comes first. They both cross the finish line first, with you gracefully along for the ride.

With you being a person who is changing for the better, with all your subtle changes that have taken place the last few moments or years, and, if you have been reading the articles from my website, you have evolved and allowed yourself to make this transition. As our legs stretch, our backs lengthen and widen, as we become more balanced with our heads gracefully poised atop our shoulders, so does the "sense" that we have reached yet another plateau. It is so nice and gratifying to open our stride and walk gracefully, to glide from one place to another, or to stand and sit with a certain confidence and enjoyment. During this transition we note how the finer things in life reveal themselves to us. Pleasant responses come to us as we simply make small talk with others, as we move with grace and poise going about in our daily lives.

In previous articles I have commented on this "improving phase" of our life. I do so again, presently, because it is very important when we realize the following: As we elevate our physical and mental position in life, life elevates what it offers to us in exchange. That's all for now. Have a Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment