Sunday, May 13, 2012

How To Fight Depression and Win!

It all has to do with what state you are in. Depression is a big word. I feel that while one needs to seek help and be aware when they feel somewhat negative and depressed. I feel when one says that they suffer from depression, they are further compounding the problem.

Bob Proctor from the secret shared with me a great line. It is this. "For me to be free, I have to be me, not who my wife wants me to be, but me, not who my kids want me to be but me, not who my friends want me to be but me. Ultimately for me to be free, I have to be me!" This leads me to my next question. Who do you want to be? Deciding that you will leave no stone unturned to become the person you want to be straight away kicks negativity and depression out of your life..

This is the only way to be happy. To live life on your terms, to go after what you want. When you are living your life on purpose, things happen. "When you set yourself on fire, people will queue to watch you burn". The world is crying out for leaders (crying out for people who will actually do what their heart is crying out for them to do). So, all I am asking in this article is for you to go barefaced for what you want. Going after what you want in life has so many advantages. Firstly you will be energized, you will be far more focused and the journey will keep you young and fresh. On the contrary when you are doing things you have no interest in, you feel useless, you feel that instead of investing your time, you are waiting your time and also you age quicker. The biggest drawback however is this.

When one is totally disinterested in what one is doing in life, your mind naturally turns towards other things and predominantly, the thoughts it turns to are negative. Why? Because the self-image currently in your mind is one of lack, one that you know that you are not doing enough. Happiness comes from growth. When one feels one is progressing, one is happy but growth is the key. We as people are always changing in life. This is a fact. Change is the only thing that is constant. What you must decide is whether you want to grow or wither away. The decision is yours but if you take the growth path, overcoming depression will be a speedy process.

No comments:

Post a Comment