Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mannequin Depression

"Always remember that you are in fact unique. Just like everyone else." -- Margaret Mead

Lately I've noticed that my meds want tweaking. I'm feeling lethargic for the time of the day and am having sorrow sleeping at night. I will be seeing my psychiatrist soon and we can address this. She is very in at~ with my psyche and always has ideas conducive to adjustment. She is always open to suggestions from me because well.

I love this about my psychiatrist. Over the beat of my treatment, I probably regard seen about a dozen therapists and psychiatrists. Of this calculate, I would say that probably despite of them really tried to see me as a unique person by unique needs. Now, this is not meant to allude to that most all psychiatrists are this space. I can only base my opinions without ceasing my own personal experience. But I've deep-read over the years that, to earn the best treatment, you must fall upon a therapist or psychiatrist who knows the conformity to fact that everyone is indeed unique and is disposed to put in the time and endeavor to get to know you in a deep personal way.

The quote at this count's beginning has a kind of droll bent to it. But Margaret Mead was a wonderful cultural anthropologist and she meant this in a sober way. Each one of us is unexampled and, yes, this applies to everyone. This is especially conformable to fact of the combination of brain mould-up and personality. Psychiatrists, more than anyone, should perceive this truth.

What I'm difficult to say is that psychiatric handling is like no other. Take the example of an orthodontist. With a child's tricky teeth, it's easy to put some braces (the same braces he places up~ most all his other patients). With veneration to someone with a blockage in coronary arteries, in that place are basic procedures that apply to greatest in quantity everyone. In my opinion, physicians treating patients as being these issues can see us completely as mannequins -- only the skin, hair and shoot color is different. Generally speaking, the sort of works for one works for altogether.

It's just not the condition with psychiatric problems. My friend, admitting that your therapist or psychiatrist sees himself or herself being of the cl~s who treating what I call "mannequin dimple," you have the wrong caregiver. And, incline an ear, it is up to you to shape out whether your psychiatrist is mixed those in this category. They are with~ there, and, in my opinion, being treated ~ the agency of one with this mentality is a thorough waste of your time. With this arche~ treatment, you will most assuredly not generate better. You don't have flat a shred of a chance, in reality.

Please do yourself a favor. Take a drawn out, hard look at your therapist or psychiatrist. If you fee he or she is not pique the time to get to veritably know you and your needs, afterward let him or her go and notice someone who will. You must too educate yourself regarding drug and other treatment options. Most physicians, for reasons not entirely transparent to me, will want to prescribe only the latest available medications. Granted, sundry times these are just what you may privation. But many times, an older medication determine be more effective for you. (Please slip on't misunderstand me here. As a unrepining, you indeed must realize that you are the sufferer and not the physician. Sometimes, in that place will be very good reasons in quest of not attempting something you suggest. But the physician should at least take the time to examine in good faith any option you put in mind of.) If you are getting a dumfounded stare while you are discussing your ideas, please, go elsewhere.

I wish you all haphazard. I have learned this lesson the stiff way -- over ten years of working with psychiatrists. Again, while this is plainly my opinion, I feel strongly that I apprehend what I'm talking about in the present life. When it comes to your soul, you are truly unique with sincerely unique needs. You can trust me up~ this one.

Copyright 2011. True Self Enterprises, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment